At the moment we have 1 spot open.
Camp Overview: Our goal is to give you three days of pro level coaching and constant personal feedback, so you’d know what you have to do in order to take your game to the next level and to preprate you for the up coming season, so you’d take #1 spot right away. This camp is going to be more than “just goalie practice”. Here are a couple reasons:
1. This camp is all about on ice training so we are not going to waste too much energy on dryland training because at camps you want to learn to stop the puck better. All the dryland either prepares you for the ice or we are teaching you a wade range of training methods that will improve your on ice performance. Also, during the summer, the camp students can do dryland train with me (Matti) in Espoo for free and on ice power skating in Lappeenranta for a cost of skating fee, which is 4 euros. If you come to Lappeenranta by train I can pick you up at the station and bring you back.
2. You will get a detailed workout plan for the summer which you can easily modify to fit on your schedule.
3. There will be coaches from various teams so you will get exposure and if you come from outside of Finland there is a chance to train with or tryout for teams.
Goalie Force camps are known for fun and intense training with a good group of guys. The camp atmosphere is supportive and caring because we push each other to try harder. This years camp is only for 12 goalies (6 nets) and shooters are junior SM-liiga to pro level guys. The camp has been sold out every year.
Place: Espoo, Finland
Rink Locations: Matinkyla, rink 2 (address: Matinkartanontie 9-11, 02320 Espoo)
Time: July 28, 29 & 30, 2014
To Whom: goalies born 2003 to pro
Shooters: shooters are hand picked junior SM-liiga to pro level shooters.
Number of Students: 12 goalies (nets at each for game like situations and 4 nets in the middle for more technical drills)
Coaches:Our 2014 coaching team will be renewed and improved by number of high level coaches. Many of the goalie coaches have played and/or coached at pro level in Europe and in North America, in North-American junior leagues and University leagues, and even at junior national teams.
Food: Food is very important to us. We will provide an expensive restaurant quality lunch designed for athletes and constant snack supply.
Camp Price: 499€
Mon. and Tue. Camp Schedule:
- Arrival 0745 – 0755
- Warm-up 0800 – 0830
- Ice 0900 – 1100
- Immediate snack after the ice
- Cool down and stretching 1130 – 1230
- Lunch 1300 – 1400
- Classroom 1415 – 1515
- Light dryland 1530 – 1630
- Ice 1700 – 1900
- Immediate snack after the ice
- Cool down and stretching 1915-1945
- To home 1945 – 2000
Wednesday Camp Schedule:
Because we have long days, high amount of ice time and small number of goalies, the third day starts later. I want goalies to have time to sleep and rest, so they could actually learn on the last day also.
- Arrival 1415 – 1430
- Snack / Classroom 1430 – 1615
- Dryland 1630 – 1800
- Ice 1830 – 2100
- Cool down and stretching 2110 – 2130
- Camp closing 2130 – 2145
NEW STUDENTS APPLICATION PROCESS (no need to apply if you have been at camps before)
Send an open application to GoalieForce [at] gmail.com. The application should have at least following things in it:
- Current Level
- Goals and dreams
- Why you should be selected
To Reserve Your Spot and For More Info: Contact Matti Korhonen – GoalieForce [at] gmail.com – +358 40 758 5116